A Valentines Day Dialogue
Introduction: Dialogue shouldn’t just be for managing differences and discussing difficult issues. Intentional Dialogue works best when we use it to communicate a variety of important feelings – and what is more important than the love we feel for each other.
So in that spirit I offer the following dialogue. Find a quiet time, perhaps over dinner of in front of a fire to share the following:
(Remember to mirror each sentence stem)
- On the day I met you the first thing I noticed was….
- As we got to know each other what I came to love about you was….
- My fondest memory of our early days/years together is….
- What I value most about our relationship now is….
- One fantasy I have of how I would like to spend a day together is…
- One dream I have for our future is….
Summarize, let your partner know what makes sense about what they have shared, and empathize (how I imagine you feel as you think about our relationship)….then switch! Perhaps finish with a romantic kiss.