Private Couples Intensive
“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” ~ Lao Tzu
Being in a passionate, supportive, loving relationship is one of the greatest gifts that life has to offer. It is also one of life’s greatest challenges. When our connection with each other becomes frayed or fraught with conflict, when our conversations are filled with accusations, silence or hurtful words, the pain can be unbearable. If you have reached one of these roadblocks and can’t seem to get past the pain then an imago Couples’ Intensive may offer the hope you are seeking.
Couples’ Intensives differ from ongoing weekly therapy in that you take one or more days away from the distractions of daily life to focus solely on healing your relationship. Couples’ Intensives can be a stand-alone experience, or they can be structured to complement your existing therapy.
With a laser focus and concentrated time span Intensives can:
- Provide you with the foundations of good communication and healthy relationship skills;
- Help you move past an issue or concern that is blocking your connection with each other;
- Guide you through resolving major differences;
- Transform conflict into healing connection;
- Support you in building a solid foundation for future intimacy;
- Inspire you to renew your relationship vision.
Reasons to consider doing a couple’s intensive include:
- You live in an a city or region in which there are no Imago therapists available;
- You have been working with a good therapist for a while but have reached an impasse and want to break through to the next level of intimacy;
- You are in crisis and no matter how hard you try you cannot move past it;
- You are seeking to recover from an affair and move towards renewed connection and healing;
- You live in separate cities and ongoing therapy is hard to schedule;
- Your work/school schedules make it hard to commit to a regular therapy schedule;
- You are about to have a baby, move, or in some way alter your life in a significant way and want to get your relationship on a healthy footing before the anticipated change occurs.
You may schedule a one or two day intensive, or choose to make a monthly one day commitment. Couples intensives typically start at 9:30 in the morning and go to 5:30 in the afternoon with a one hour break for lunch. (these times may be adjusted if need be). You will be asked to do some homework both before and after the session. Couples Intensives are always done in collaboration with your current therapist so that we may work together in a constructive and healing way. If you currently have a couple’s therapist you will be asked to sign a release so that I may speak with him or her to understand their perspective and to share information from our work together so that he or she can build on it in the future.
Prior to your session please download and complete the Couples Intensive Pre-session Questionaire and return it to me at least a week before your scheduled session.
Feel free to contact us for further information or to schedule an Intensive.
If you are coming from a distance you may wish to enjoy some of the natural beauty and culture of the Four Corners Region.