Getting the Love You Want Imago Couples Workshop
“I believe that all of us have the capacity to create healthy, vibrant, nurturing love relationships. Indeed, we are born with the capacity to love and be loved and to live within the shelter of a loving relationship is one of life’s greatest blessings. The Getting The Love You Want workshop is the most powerful process I know for creating strong healthy relationships. My goal in each workshop is to give you the tools and understanding you need to truly build the relationship of your dreams.” — Laura Marshall, LCSW
The Imago Couples Workshop is for You if:
- You are in a good relationship and want to deepen your connection;
- You and your partner seem to be drifting apart;
- You are caught in a painful struggle of wills;
- You seem to keep having the same arguments over and over;
- Things feel so bad that you are considering ending the relationship.
About the “Getting the Love You Want” Workshop
The Getting the Love You Want workshop focuses on understanding ourselves and our partners and strengthening the bonds of empathy that hold us together. The work consists of:
- Re-imaging our partners as we share the history and experiences that shape who we are;
- Restoring empathy through deep listening;
- Restructuring frustrations and turning them into opportunities for growth and healing;
- Renewing romance, passion and fun;
- Re-visioning the future and sharing our hopes and dreams.
The weekend is composed of a carefully constructed blend of educational lectures and films, group discussions, self-exploration and writing work. You will learn new skills – ways to communicate that will allow you to truly see and hear each other with compassion, to melt anger and move through conflict to a place of profound connection and compassion. A significant portion of the workshop is spent practicing these new tools privately with your partner. While you are invited to share your insights and experiences within the larger group, all such sharing is optional.
What You Can Expect is:
- A safe and supportive environment;
- Respect for your privacy;
- To learn to communicate your feelings, needs and longings without causing pain;
- A deeper understanding of your relationship dynamic and how it relates to your personal journey;
- New insights into how conflict and “will struggle” can emerge in a relationship formed in love;
- To rediscover the depth of your passion and joy (or perhaps to experience it for the first time).
All couples are welcome regardless of marital status or sexual orientation.
Participants joining us from out of town may wish to stay a few days to enjoy the natural beauty of the Four Corners region. For more information about recreational and vacation opportunities in the Four Corners click here.
- A deposit is required to hold your place in the workshop. Couples who register thirty days or more in advance receive a $50 discount.
- Special discounts are available for therapists and other mental health professionals, clergy and engaged couples. Please contact us for more information.
- We are committed to making this powerful workshop available to all who need it. If you are unable to afford the registration fee please contact us to discuss scholarships, discounts or payment plans.
- Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Please plan to stay for the entire weekend.
- Snacks both healthy and sweet are provided. Please let us know if you have any special dietary needs.
- Please dress in layers and bring pillows, beach chairs, your favorite snacks or anything else you need for your personal comfort.
Getting the Love You Want Cancellation Policy
Cancellations received more than 14 days in advance enable you to receive a full refund minus a $25 processing fee. If you must cancel less than two weeks prior to the workshop you may apply your deposit towards any future workshop. A minimum of three couples is necessary to ensure a powerful and meaningful workshop experience.
If less than three couples are registered by the Monday prior to the workshop you will be offered the option of attending any future workshop at half price, receiving a full refund, or attending a one day couples’ intensive at the original workshop price. The same policy applies if a workshop is cancelled due to extreme weather conditions, illness or other emergency. Thank you for your understanding.
If you stay through the weekend and at the end of that time you feel that the experience was not beneficial to you (and tell us so at the end of the day) we will refund your money less the $150 cost of your workbooks.