All You Need For a Good Relationship
The ten suggestions below were part of a sermon…unfortunately I don’t know the original author, but I thought there was so much wisdom here that I would share them. With gratitude to whoever put this together:
Ten Suggestions for a Healthy (Congregation) Relationship
1. Always be kind to one another, even if you think meanness is justified.
2. Always attribute the best possible motives to one another, even when you do not understand. another’s words and actions.
3. Promise to one another only what you really intend and are capable of delivering.
4. Laugh and cry together, sharing both your joys and heartaches.
5. Be very quick to praise one another, and very slow to criticize.
6. Defend one another, but avoid being defensive.
7. Accept one another’s gifts with graititude; accept one another’s deficiencies with grace.
8. Do not tell one another ho to feel. Remember that feelings are facts and treat them accordingly.
9. Greet each new day with expectation and each hour of rest with thanksgiving.
10. Let your eyes light up when you come into one another’s presence.
What more needs to be said…with gratitude for wisdom wherever we may find it.